Stay up to date with The Chatham Historical Society's biennial Historic House Tour by visiting our Event Calendar
The James Wright House
William Barton House
The James Wright House
Benjamin Stillman House
William Bevin House
Deacon West House
Deacon Joel West, who was the pastor of the Congregational Church.
Joseph Parke House
11 Summit St
Built by Joseph Parke in 1790, the house is
situated on the corner of Summit St and Bevin Blvd. This is the only 18th century home that survives in the industrial area of the town.
Ruth Higgins House
264 Hog Hill Road
This house was erected between 1761 and 1765. The Wright House served as a Hotel for stage coach travelers and was a convenient stopping point on the road from Lyme to Hartford Connecticut.
Andrew Carrier House
1 Middletown Avenue
Andrew Carrier, an 18th century farmer built this historic home in 1790. Well into the 19th century, the property was know as the "Uncle Andre's Farm".
Baily - Purple House
31 South Main St
This Historic East Hampton, CT House was erected by David Baily in 1746. Edward Purple bought this house in 1752.
Bill & Overton Store
2 Knowles Rd, Middle Haddam, CT
Built in 1799, this house was used as a commercial establishment until 1825, when it was converted into a dwelling. In 1908, the property became the Middle Haddam Public Library.
CPT Enoch Smith House
2 Shad Row, Middle Haddam
This Historical Middle Haddam House was Built in 1760. Captain Smith was a sea captain, who sailed during Middle Haddam's earliest period of trading and ship building development, (1760 - 1780).
Abner Stocking House
277 Hog Hill Rd
Built in 1760, Abner Stocking was a respected farmer and Captain in the Revolutionary War. Walter Clarke owned the property from 1814 -1865. The house was purchased by Joseph and Charles Hallberg and has remained in the Hallberg family since then.
Thank you for visiting the Chatham Historical Society
The James Wright House built circa. 1726 is the oldest standing home in the town of East Hampton, CT.
William Barton was the founder of the East Hampton Bell industry and built this historic home in 1765.
This house was built in 1745 by Benjamin Stillman. Stillman was an East Middletown resident and a farmer who possessed extensive land holdings in the area
This house was erected in 1748. William Bevin was the great grandfather of the Chauncy, Philo and Abner Bevin, the founders of Bevin Brothers Bell Company.
Built circa 1790 by Deacon Joel West, who was the pastor of the Congregational Church. Tradition has it that his wife, Betsy Brockway, had extravagant taste and was scandalized for having the first carpet in town.